The uniform policy will be strictly enforced. Parents/Guardians will be contacted to provide proper uniforms for scholars.
Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Lanyards and belts should be worn daily.
Scholars of MCT (Myrtle C. Thibodeaux) will be expected to wear their complete school uniform, be groomed, and neat while at school. The NEW uniform policy is as follow for grades Pre-Kindergarten to 5th:
- Kindergarten-5th grade scholars the uniform is Red Polo-type shirts with MCT embroidered
- Only white t-shirts may be worn under uniform shirt
- Navy Blue Dickie-type ONLY. Shorts, skirts and skorts must be walking shorts- to the knee.
- Belts must be worn with pants and shorts. Belt buckles are to be no wider than the belt and can NOT have any initials, words, or embellishments.
SHOES & SOCKS
- Tennis Shoes (any kind, any color-no wheels or lights). Properly laced or fastened. NO boots or slip-on shoes are allowed for avoid safety hazards.
- Socks must cover the ankle
- Purple Polo-type shirt with MCT logo including JPPSS Pre-K
- T-shirt with MCT logo including JPPSS PreK
- Navy blue bottoms only.
- Tennis shoes (velcro closure)
- In winter weather, any appropriate winter coat is acceptable. Coats and jackets should be removed when inside.
- Students should not to wear false or extended nails.
- Students should not allowed to wear make-up, including lip gloss.
- Earrings should not be larger than a quarter. All necklaces must be tucked inside of the shirt. Any jewelry that is inappropriate, unsafe, or a distraction to learning will be removed and held in the office until picked up by a parent/guardian.